Friday, October 15, 2010

Video jam: Holy Fuck / "Red Lights"

Artist: Holy Fuck
Song: "Red Lights"
Album: Latin
Label: Young Turks
Released: May 11, 2010 (album); October 13, 2010 (video)

I just found this today on Stereogum. I really hadn't heard much of Holy Fuck's music before deciding to watch this video, and I'll admit that I definitely picked it because ... well, it has cats. I'm a sucker for a cute and feisty feline. Plus, I nabbed Latin for free when it was released on Amie Street (R.I.P. you wonderful website, and curses on you Amazon for gobbling it up like the greedy whore you really are!) and I haven't even given it a proper listen until now. I'm glad I did. It has deliciously groovy bass and catchy synth and thumping drums, and it's got me tapping my toes and bobbing my head as I sit here doing this crossword puzzle on my laptop. Check it out, recommended.

This video has cats, as I mentioned. They are made to appear like they're playing instruments, and one of them is involved in a car chase with a dog and it ends in a fire. That's the gist of it, really. It sounds silly and, frankly, it is, but I'll be damned if it still isn't impressively entertaining. Enjoy!



Note: This already has 84,000 views after 2 days, and I predict that will exponentially increase as the internet world learns that there are even more cute cats waiting to be watched doing silly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment